Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Introduction (The First Post!)

This blog will help readers understand the Rational Unified Process. It will cover both how to use the RUP successfully on a project as well as how to deploy it in an organization. I plan to start with an introduction to iterative development, the most confusing part of RUP, then move into how to use it on a project, and then how to deploy it in an organization, however I will go whatever direction the blog seems to flow.

For the last six years I have worked for IBM Rational, helping customer to understand and adopt the RUP. In the last few years, I have introduced RUP to over 700 IBM Partners, to hundreds of IBMers during internal IBM educational events, and to attendees at the 2004 Rational Software Development Users Conference.

Now here's the thing. While many self proclaimed RUP experts have been thrown out of accounts due to an inability to show tangible results, over the last six years, I have had zero dissatisfied customers, and this is among literally thousands of software professionals as well as managers, directors, VPs and CxO level professionals. Because my approach to helping people understand the RUP is so unusual and so effective, hundreds of my colleagues and clients have asked when I will finally write a book.

This is where this blog comes in. I am at my best when I am teaching others about the RUP, rather than just narrating about it. So, I plan to start by sharing some great gems, but I am avidly hoping that questions will pour in allowing me to answer them in the blog, which is my best mode for communicating the RUP. Eventually I hope to then transfer all of that to a book.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home